Click to get 10% OFF with FishingFerry.com
Who's Online
6 registered (jonnybargate, derb, johnhere, MarkJ, Paul Selman, Mr D), 660 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
fatfloorlayer, billbob, derb, Stomp, englishkid19
9788 Registered Users
May
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posters
Paul Selman 12300
Pete B 7977
lancj1 6588
andy jack 6546
Forum Stats
9,788 Registered Members
30 Forums
40,824 Topics
339,671 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,156 @
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#349642 - French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes!
Paul Selman Online   happy

FW Top Poster

Loc: Etangs De Breton, North West ...
All fishery businesses in France MUST be registered in France, otherwise they are illegal under French law.

All legal fisheries have to list a SIRET number on their website and on any paperwork as proof that they are registered with the French tax authorities. It doesn't matter if the lake owner lives in the UK, or the lake is leased, any income derived from French property MUST be declared in France.

If you have booked a French fishing holiday this year ask the owner for their SIRET number. If they don't have one they are a 'black' fishery which can be raided at any time by the French tax police and shut down. If the owner has a SIRET number you can check it is valid and for a fishing business by typing in the first nine letters on verif.com

If you have booked a black fishery you run the risk of losing your holiday, being thrown off the venue and possibly having your tackle and vehicle confiscated by the police. Personally, if I found I had booked an illegal fishery I would demand my money back and go elsewhere. There really is no excuse for any fishery owner in France, they all know it they must be registered in France and they must be paying taxes in France.

Below is a list of registered English-owned fisheries in France that have a SIRET number, you can book any of these with confidence.

Angel Lakes
Bounty Lakes
Boysaway Carping
Bluewater Lakes
Brittany Mill Lakes
Carp Quarry
Millers French Fishing Holidays
La Fritterie
Etangs De Breton
Exclusive Carp Fishing Holidays
Etang Le Fays
Etang Bertie
The Source
Moulin De Mee
Lac De Beaute
Etang Marolles
Crete Lakes
Suttons Carp Fishery
Edens Lakes
Etang Moulinots
Jurassica and J1
Eden
Fishabil
Heaven
Moorlands
Bills Lake 1,2 and 3
Les Croix
Rushes Lake
Mirror Lake
Lac Les Pins
Lac Serenity
Blavet Valley Lakes
Utopia
Rushes Lake
Carp DíOr Lakes
The Retreat
Croix Blanche
Birch Pool Retreat
Genesis Lake
Echo Pool
St Leonards Carp Lakes
Ultimate Lake
La Petite Martiniere
Martinís Lakes
Castaway Lakes
Etang De Planchon
Moulin De Passais
Carp France Fisheries
Millstone Pool
La Morinais
The Graviers, Djon (Luke Moffat's)
Lac Du Premiere
Charlou Carping
Etang Deux Pierres
Carp Invasion
Moulicent
Dream Lakes
Vallee Lakes
Beausoleil
Etang Meunier
Les Burons
Sweet Chestnut Lake
Gigantica
Etang De Vilaine
Lac Du Laneuville
Red Hot Lakes/Etang Du Vivier
Pleasure Lake
Les Quis
Le Moulin de Graffeuil
Domaine De Ribiere
Stacey's Place
Paradise Lakes
Marne Valley Carping
Etang Baudy
Lac de la Vie
Lac Rose
Les Koalins
Lac Clement
Etang Du Manoir
Lake Bossard
Redmill
Crystal Waters
Etang Negreloube
Les Etangs De L'Ecurie
Etang Des Landes
Etang Damvilliers
The Sanctuary
Cherpont
Fox Pool
Oak View
Etang Deux Pierres
Etang Mureau
Serriere/Badgers Holt

Forum Owner

#349655 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]

FW Top Poster

All owners of the above venues can feel free to start their own thread about their fishery here including news, views, pics, blogs etc. They are also free to post a link to their website or Facebook page etc... thumbsup

We need to support the legal fisheries.... wave

Forum Owner

#349825 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]

FW Top Poster

Interesting that Carp Forum have deleted any references to UK-owned French fisheries needing to be registered with the French tax authorities or they are deemed illegal and anyone fishing an unregistered fishery is committing a criminal offence.... bash

This is presumably because they are getting a few quid in advertising from the said illegal fisheries.... thumbsup

Where does this leave self-confessed Francophile and Carp Forum Admin Ken Townley? woot

Forum Owner

#349860 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]
DAVEW Offline
Former owner of Etang Moulinots
Outstanding FW Member

Loc: Cornwall
I am hoping to bump into Mr Townley 1 day as he apparently lives in the South West near where I have moved to. Got some very interesting questions for him as regard the censorship of 1 particular venue on that forum for many years and even continuing after the venue has changed hands. I would also be interested to know what steps the forum administration take to ensure that all foreign venues referred to on the forum are properly registered in France. Of course I know a lot of venues that are either not registered in France, not registered in France or the UK, or are registered in France but are not properly accounting for tax. Now in retirement my days of getting involved on the carp forums are over (almost)!!

#349861 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]
DAVEW Offline
Outstanding FW Member

Paul an after thought from my previous posting, if a forum allows the promotion of an illegally operated/tax unregistered venue are they potentially leaving themselves open to legal action if anglers lose their deposits etc??

#349864 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: DAVEW]
Pete B Offline

Argumentative Bar Steward
FW Top Poster

Loc: In the beautiful south... far ...
Dave,

Probably... I'll look into it... thumbsup

BCSG & KIBIK

#349887 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]
DAVEW Offline
Outstanding FW Member

Haven't heard from you in years Pete, how are you doing m8?

#349896 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: DAVEW]
Pete B Offline

FW Top Poster

Doing fine mate... building a leisure based company into something special... thumbsup

How's life after France? thumbsup

BCSG & KIBIK

#349897 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: DAVEW]
Pete B Offline

FW Top Poster

"are they potentially leaving themselves open to legal action if anglers lose their deposits etc??"

Potentially yes.... the medium that carries the advertising is also liable... I doubt however that the forums have anyone of substance behind them, however, if they do...... lol

BCSG & KIBIK

#349924 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: DAVEW]

FW Top Poster

Dave, no SIRET number on the new Moulinots website.....presumably the new business owners are aware of your recent history? Eyecrazy

Forum Owner

#349929 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]
DAVEW Offline
Outstanding FW Member

It's all in hand, they won't be making the same mistake as I did!!!

#349981 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]
Willsy01 Offline
New FW Member

Loc: Kent/France
Hi Paul

Etang des Moulinots

As the new registered owners of Etang des Moulinots I thought I would put you (and everyone who has read your post)in the picture on the current position of our registration in France. As I'm sure you know, being a lake owner yourself, French bureauocracy is second to none and the speed of the registration is entirely in the hands of the departments dealing with it. Our french accountant is currently in the process of registering our limited business with the relevant departments of commerce and the tax office, who are well aware of our presence. Until this process is complete (we were told 12 weeks approx from start to finish) we will not have our Siret number, but as soon as we have this it will be on our website. It was not possible to take the Siret number of the previous owner as we are an entirely new business (WT Fisheries sarl). Customers already booked and prospective customers need not be worried about booking with WT Fisheries as we have sufficient paperwork to show we are in the process of registering the business in the correct way.

Terry & Wendy Wills
WT Fisheries sarl

Edited by Willsy01 ()

#349982 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Willsy01]
DAVEW Offline
Outstanding FW Member

I think that more than clarifies the situation Terry!! It is a real pity that you have been drawn into this subject having done everything properly from day 1, something that most of us didn't do from the time we started trading in France. I have no desire to bring out my old self and start trying to win popularity contests on forums, but I am a little a sad that there is any reference to Moulinots under legally operated fisheries especially after what happened to me!!

This topic, not specific to Moulinots has been addressed on various forums and it is of no surprise that certain venues do not wish to contribute to the topic knowing that they are either not registered in France, not properly registered in France e.g. incorrect business category to avoid TVA (VAT), wrongly defining their price structure or worse of all not registered for tax purposes anywhere!!!!

Over recent years some venues have been investigated by the French Tax Authorities (as I was) and have now closed down, either voluntarily or otherwise. As far as I know I am the only fishery operator who has openly reported on such matters, though my decision to start retirement was well before the tax investigation and a prompt for others to get their affairs in order.

As vindictive (lol) as I am supposed to be, at the moment my lips are sealed regarding illegally operating fisheries in France, but be assured if I do read anything which is an attempt to be detrimental to me or Moulinots, my professional accountancy background will be invaluable to the French tax authorities and I might be able to buy some modern golf clubs!!!

Ok back to enjoying my retirement, except for 1 final comment addressed to the venues that say they don't need to display their Siret number on their website, yes you are correct, but perhaps you choose not to do that because your business classification can be identified from the Siret number and found to be incorrect!

Hopefully Paul you will allow this posting to remain, nothing controversial just being helpful!!

#349984 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: DAVEW]

FW Top Poster

Of course David, not a problem. These Forums are promoting the legal fisheries 100% which is the only responsible thing to do. thumbsup

Others, such as carp forum really should reflect on the fact that they are openly encouraging their own forum members to fish illegal venues were they could get into serious trouble, just because the forum owner is getting a few quid in advertising revenue! bash

Forum Owner

#349985 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]
DAVEW Offline
Outstanding FW Member

Cheers!!

#350349 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: DAVEW]

FW Top Poster

Last year a very high profile UK-run French fishery shut down and reimbursed all booked clients deposits and balances, cancelling their holidays.... bash

The reason given, and given to me at the time, was that there had been a major fish-kill in the spring following a stocking by a very reputable French fish farmer.

This surprised me at the time for 2 reasons:
1) The fish farmer is very reputable - and I use him myself - and I had never heard of any previous problems with his fish.
2) The lake in question was already heavily stocked with many big carp. So why add fish? It didn't make sense.

I have since heard from a very reliable French source that the 'fish kill' was not the cause of the closure at all. The fishery which has never been registered in France (or anywhere else possibly) was actually raided by the French douanes (customs) and shut down as an unregistered illegal business, operating a 'black' taxi service, bar and restaurant etc.....I understand that after closure many of the big carp have since been sold on.

The people who ran this fishery also operate another unregistered French fishery and I notice they are exhibiting at the forthcoming Carping On conference. Now French customs police are not stupid and given that the still operating fishery features on the same website as the closed down fishery with the same contact numbers etc, it seems logical that they will be turning up at the other fishery before too much longer.... thumbsup

So exercise extreme caution before booking this venue....perhaps if you are attending Five Lakes ask them for their SIRET number..lol

Forum Owner

#350352 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]
DAVEW Offline
Outstanding FW Member

That wasn't too difficult to identify the venue!!

#350459 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: DAVEW]

FW Top Poster

Are you sure, Dave. thumbsup

Illegal venues are cropping up all the time.

One thing amazes me about UK anglers coming here is that they moan about Poles, Romanians etc taking work off them in the UK but they see no problem with booking an unregistered venue in France that is paying no tax in France or often anywhere and can be stocked with nicked fish..! wall

One or two have asked for a list of illegals.....

Forum Owner

#350469 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]
johnhere Online   content
Keen FW Member

Loc: Nr Portsmouth, South Coast
I think the only time this will hit the news big time is when an unregistered French venue is raided and action is taken against the UK anglers.
I believe many book French venues without giving it a thought if the venue is registered they simple do not know they have to be.
The French are somewhat to blame for this they should get their finger out, it cant be that hard for them to find them.
John

#350473 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: johnhere]

FW Top Poster

When Lac Serriere was raided by the French authorities, the only coverage was by the French press, not a whisper in the English press, even though Brian Skoyles was fishing there on the morning of the raid.....and there's another problem the UK printed carp magazine press are hardly likely to report such incidents as they rely on the advertising revenue from the unregistered venues..... upset

Forum Owner

#350628 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]
cliff666 Offline
Enthusiastic FW Member

Loc: manchester
Originally Posted By: Paul Selman
Interesting that Carp Forum have deleted any references to UK-owned French fisheries needing to be registered with the French tax authorities or they are deemed illegal and anyone fishing an unregistered fishery is committing a criminal offence.... bash

This is presumably because they are getting a few quid in advertising from the said illegal fisheries.... thumbsup

Where does this leave self-confessed Francophile and Carp Forum Admin Ken Townley? woot

you will be getting yourself banned from there paul lol.... On a more serious note, there should be a list made of the venues that operate illegally...this would at least put them on their toes and anglers can make an informed decision as to whether they want to go there.. 1zhelp

#350630 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: cliff666]

FW Top Poster

I was banned from there months ago, Cliff... thumbsup

Forum Owner

#350815 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]

FW Top Poster

The Hollande government is talking about substantial tax increases to come in in France in the near future. upset

For those lakes actually in the system this won't be welcomed and many are struggling to make sufficient income to pay all the bills before these planned tax hikes... bash I can see a lot of venues selling up and going back to the UK where benefit handouts are available... wall

Food and groceries are now at their highest ever prices here in France and it is now cheaper for me to order on-line from ASDA and pay someone to bring it over... Eyecrazy

Things are not looking good here, the French economy is looking fragile.... woot

Forum Owner

#351191 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]
JAFFA Offline
Outstanding FW Member

Loc: Colne Valley
Paul you can add my good friend Paul Miles venue to the legal list.

Charlou is a cracking venue with some big fish to go at and he quite clearly advertises his Siret number on the front page of his website.

http://www.charloucarping.co.uk/

kind regards Jeff

#351192 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: JAFFA]

FW Top Poster

Added Jeff! thumbsup

Forum Owner

#351196 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]

FW Top Poster

Latest from a couple of venues who have e-mail etc is that they 'are in the process of registering by post'..... haha

Well, this is best done on-line and takes just a few minutes... thumbsup

I will check on the 'registering by post' lakes in a month or so for their SIRET number, they had better put a stamp on those letters.... ylsuper

Forum Owner

#351346 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]

FW Top Poster

I've added a few more to the legal list recently, and left a few out because their SIRET number does not relate to fishing or Holiday accomodation in any way, which also puts them on the 'black list'.

The SIRET number must relate to the fishing business, so in the three I've left out until I hear different, one SIRET related to a landscape gardening company, another to a graphic design company another to a general building company. So the fishing income may not be being declared, which still obviously puts anglers at risk....another was advertising airport pick-ups from Limoges without any legal and necessary licence. This means any insurance for passengers would be completely invalid.
upset

People don't seem to think they need to put their SIRET number on their website....well French law say's it must be displayed on any advertising and a website is advertising... thumbsup

Forum Owner

#351616 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]

FW Top Poster

Smallwater Lakes removed as they appear to have a false SIRET.

Forum Owner

#351623 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]

FW Top Poster

Lac Rose and Les Koalins added! thumbsup

Forum Owner

#351624 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]

FW Top Poster

Lac Clement added! thumbsup

Forum Owner

#351625 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]

FW Top Poster

Etang Du Manoir added! thumbsup

Forum Owner

#351627 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]

FW Top Poster

Kingfisher Pools, Dordogne added! thumbsup

Forum Owner

#351765 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]
MarkJ Online   content

Demon FW Member

Loc: I'm standing in the dock.
Paul

Colleague at work contemplating Redmill, Brittany, so I had a look at their site, couldn't see a Siret number - should I give him the gypsies ?

#351766 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: MarkJ]

FW Top Poster

It's been sold so new owners could be registering as they are a couple planning to live in France I believe. So it's best if he rings them and asks.... thumbsup

Forum Owner

#351767 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]

FW Top Poster

Interesting that a couple of UK-owned French lakes have put their UK company registration number on their website trying to pass it off as if it is a French SIRET number. bash

A UK company number is completely irrelevant the lake MUST be registered in France, so it is still a black economy fishery... upset

Forum Owner

#351770 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: Paul Selman]
MarkJ Online   content

Demon FW Member

Loc: I'm standing in the dock.
Cheers, Paul

#351834 - Re: French Fishing: list of legal UK -owned lakes! [Re: MarkJ]

FW Top Poster

Lake Bossard now has a SIRET number! thumbsup

Forum Owner